Friday, June 17, 2011

HOLLYHOCKS AND ROSES!

In between painting and all the usual craziness that goes on around here ....! I have also been working in the flower beds and thought I would share some of the blooms that are making their presence known at the moment i.e. Hollyhocks, Daylillies and Carpet roses. 
Also thought it would be fun to compare the growth of the Hollyhocks over the years! The above pic was taken in 2005 and here they are today...
Wow!!!
Hollyhocks do get a little wild and do need staking up - note the twirly rods poking up here and there,  but I love their color and whimsey.
Here are some carpet roses and lillies...
Pre weeding...!
Love the color :)


Have a great weekend,
Hugs,
Mandy


Linking to
http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/
http://becolorful.typepad.com/becolorful/

2 comments:

  1. Your hollyhocks are gorgeous~ I love the vibrant color and their tall flowers- how lovely! Thank you for sharing at FNF :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I initially commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and
    now each time a comment is added I get three e-mails with the same comment.
    Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
    Thank you!

    Here is my web blog - quantrim reviews

    ReplyDelete