Tuesday, August 30, 2011

LAST OF THE SUMMER....DECOR!

Wanted to get these posted before it was too late!!
Here is a pic of how the living room mantle looked in January.               
And here's how it has looked most of the summer:

Here's a new vignette I have just finished working on:
Before this I had a clock on my mother in laws chest and some pictures above it. I went shopping in the house...and found this black tin shelf bracket thingy... and plates. 




This is a small hand-painted plate I found in England. It is dated: 1911.
This one actually hangs from one of my mother in law's milk glass plates and is The Admiral's house, Halifax, dated 1911. 
This deep metal footed tray used to be a dark bronze color and I painted it lightly with some white paint. The shells and balls add to the summery effect.

To finish off this post I wanted to show you my gorgeous hibiscus bush that flowers in the front every year. Look how gorgeous it was...

Hugs, 
Mandy
I'm linking up with:
http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/

Athomewithk.blogspot.com/2011/06/terrific-under-ten-tuesday-17.html

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mandy,
    Wow, your hibiscus are gorgeous, I really love hibiscus plants, I have one called a red hot hibiscus and the bush has the prettiest foilage,
    and the cutest lil miniature hibiscus on them.
    so cute,

    Your mantle looked great for Winter and Summer,
    and love the tray of shells, a great summer touch. Very nice.

    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOur home is lovely. I love your mantel both ways. I really like that you use empty frames to highlight other elements. Very creative. Your wall corbel is lovely with the plates also. I have a hibiscus that is looking so sad with all this heat. I can't wait for fall for it to perk up, such a gorgeous plant and yours is stunning. So nice to find your blog and thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete