Thursday, September 1, 2011

EMPTY FRAMES?

"Birds do it, Bees do it, everybody in the blogging world's doing it, let's do it, let's fall in love.....with empty frames !?!"

Yup, I got the bug people....didn't do a big mural wall that is so popular at the mo' (that will have to wait for the next house....) it's simplify in this one at the mo' 'cos we are trying to sell it.

Anyway, had some "el-cheapo" photo frames hanging around and I just painted them a bone color (something I already had) and stained them and then played around with them....result is I have them in several places.....
On the living room mantle
In the living room bureau


In the master bedroom bookcase

And in the front hallway

The little pictures are actually of my 5 kids all taken around the age of 1 to 3 years. The little floral frames were originally very colorful but with this idea I thought that their shape and texture looked better with my empty frames.
Empty frames are fun, cheap and add a touch of architectural element to your space, try it :)

Hugs for now,
Mandy


I am linking this post to

http://verymerryvintagestyle.blogspot.com/

http://www.bluecricketdesign.net/

http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. So pretty! My fav is the pic with all of your kiddos! Thanks for visiting TheDedicatedHouse and your sweet comment. Hope your weekend is grand. Tootles, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little frames within the frames~very cute idea! I really like how you have everything displayed in your master bedroom bookcase, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to try out the trend in different areas - great look. I took the plunge and made a gallery wall and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the use of empty frames. I never would have thought of that.

    I am a new follower from the Show and Tell linking party on Blue Cricket Design. If you have a chance come by http://messforless.blogspot.com
    and say hi!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so unique--they look great. Your bureau is fabulous! thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday--hope you'll be back this week!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete