Monday, September 12, 2011

KITCHEN SPEAKERS

We have quite a bit of exposed brick in our kitchen.
Over on the hearth wall
And over the gas cook top
We have surround sound throughout the house and every room has a speaker except for the formal 1/2 bath!! Built-in wall speakers usually come in your choice of white or white (or at least they did when we built this house 11 years ago!!) and they stood out horribly on the brick. 
So one day I got out the paints, found a natural sponge and a small brush and off I went! This little project happened way before my blogging days so no before or during pics, sorry.
Basically, I sponged on the the various paint colors to create a close enough finish to the bricks surrounding the speakers, then I painted in the grout lines and added some shading to make them look as realistic as possible.
Can you see the speakers? Well I know you can, there's one in the upper right corner of this pic and the other is just peeking out from behind that chair. Better than two white rectangles aren't they? 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hugs,
Mandy


I am linking this post :
ibratina.blogspot.com

shabbynest.blogspot.com Shabby Nest Friday

becolorful.typepad.com Motivated Monday

athomewithk.blogspot Terrific Under Ten Tuesdays


betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com Metamorphasis Monday

frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com Feathered Nest Friday

funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com Saturday Nite Special

houseinroses.blogspot.com Show Off Your Cottage Monday
bluecricketdesign.net Show & Tell Wednesdays

verymerryvintagestyle.blogspot.com Share the Love Wed

boogieboardcottage.blogspot.com Masterpiece Monday

modvintagelife.blogspot.com Mod Mix Monday

twenty-eight-0-five.blogspot.com Potpourri Friday

www.thegirlcreative.com Every Monday!

Add captionwww.sugarbeecrafts.com

www.remodelaholic.com Friday

www.thepicketfence.com Inspiration Friday

frugalfabulousdesign.com/fab-friday

4 comments:

  1. Mandy, Wow! You did a fabulous job camouflaging the speakers. I hate it when there are white vents,etc showing on a darker wall. I love your kitchen too and your island is awesome. Thanks for stopping by my blog with sweet comments.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, forgot to tell you I'm following you, too. Seeing you're from Indiana brings back lovely memories when we lived there in the 70s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am Very Impressed. Im not sure I would have thought to do this and my husband says I paint everything in sight but I wouldn't have considered that you could make this look so good. Thanks so much for visiting BeColorful and linking this up to Motivated Monday.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is beyond clever! I featured it on this week's Terrific Under Ten!

    http://athomewithk.blogspot.com/2011/09/terrific-under-ten-tuesday-30.html

    ReplyDelete