Sunday, December 19, 2010

PLEASE FILL MY SHOES ST NICK!

These are my kid's baby shoes and my husband's and his mother's!!!! My mum didn't keep any of ours, it isn't really a tradition in England. I hated to have them stored away so a couple of years ago, I brought them out of the dark and hung them on our Christmas trees. They looked lovely.
However, this year, I thought it would be nice to honor a tradition from Geneva, Switzerland where I grew up, of children putting their shoes out for Jolly Ole St Nick to fill on Christmas Eve. So I lined them all up in front of the fireplace in our living room. Here they are.... from left to right, my mother in laws little buckle shoes (so sweet!), one of my twins (now fourteen and almost 6 ft tall!!), my oldest son's with baubles instead of bows (17 and over 6ft!), my other twin (he wore special shoes longer that's why his are bigger) and my "HunkaChunka"'s. Aaaah so cute....! One of the boys asked me, a little worried, if these replaced their stockings this year!!!???!!! I should've said "yes".....

Quote of the day: Love is a language spoken by everyone but understood only by a heart. - Shirley Rindoni.

No comments:

Post a Comment