Sunday, December 19, 2010

DECORATING WITH TASSELS.


  
I do love tassels!!!! 
In fact, while decorating for Christmas I realised just how many of them I own throughout our home!!! Well it occurred to me that as it's Christmas why not decorate the ...... tassels....?!!! I know, decorate a decorative item....hmmmmm.....oh well....
I added a candle ring (evergreen) and this cute little fairy guy to this tassel, cute eh?
The beads & chain are actually an old necklace that belonged to my mother in law. There's a bracelet tucked in there also. And another little fairy guy on top.
This cute birdie guy sits on top of another candle ring, some ornaments and has 3 "icicles" hanging beneath.


This was just a fun little ornament that I added a candle ring evergreen to by attaching a couple of the wired branches to the little deers legs. Then I added a long pair of earrings I got for 1$ from World Market. 



Okay this is the last one .....for now.....He is quite the personality...he also sports a turquoise teardrop crystal...Why are they all "guys"??? I have no idea....don't ask!


I am linking to Cottage Instincts "Make It For Monday" http://cottageinstincts.blogspot.com/ 




8 comments:

  1. I love tassels. So cute! Happy Holidays.

    Cheryl at My Own Snug Fireside

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tassles too. Sometimes, too much for a lil and compact house, as I have §;-)

    The last one is fav. TY for the inspiration.

    Happy TS...
    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there-your tassels are so pretty! I love a good tassel!! What's not to love? They are full of fun and really dress up whatever you place them on- stopping by from Vanessa's :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you do have an amazing collection of tassels,
    I LoVe your added touches making them so unique !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there~ stopping back by to say thank you for sharing this at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm so happy to get to meet you here in blogland! I see that you are a fairly new blogger and I hope that you are feeling welcomed into this wonderful community. :-) Thank you so much for linking up your lovely tassels to the Inspiration Friday party this week! I was just thinking about how I would love to find a pretty Christmas one to hang on my daughter's doorknob.
    I look forward to seeing more of you in the future!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I found you at Cottage Instincts and I am loving your blog! I wanted to invite you to enter my $50 American Express giveaway and my link party that are both going on this week! Keep up the great blogging and happy holidays! -Dana

    http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/12/50-american-express-giveaway-ends.htm

    ReplyDelete