Friday, December 23, 2011

SHOWING OFF THOSE BEST WISHES!

I love receiving Christmas cards! Personally I prefer the good ol' fashioned ones instead of the now popular "photo" family cards. Don't get me wrong, I love to see all the families and friends, but receiving a pretty card with a beautiful saying just makes me smile! AND they don't go to waste. I re-use them to make my Christmas cards...that's another blog!....I also love to display them. Growing up my parents always strung the Christmas cards on ribbons and strings across certain walls in our home. 
So here is my first card display area....
Having seen this idea all over blog land I was dying to try it, so I grabbed this old frame from the basement. I took the poster out of it. I had previously painted it (very quickly) and it got scuffed up over time but love that now! Attached some ribbon and cording to the back and pegged up some of my Christmas cards! It is on the wall above the small desk...
Easy peasy but oh so fashionable!!!
In the living room I strung a long ribbon from either end of the mantle and just pegged them up. 
I did select the more muted cards for here.
Hugs to you all and hoping you all receive many wishes from your friends and families.
Mandy

Linking to:
Mandy



2 comments:

  1. Your framed card holder is so cute, I have got to make me one! I am now following.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ways to display cards!

    Thank you for sharing this beautiful post at Potpourri Friday! Have a very Merry Christmas and wonderful Holiday Season!

    ReplyDelete